Monday, August 5, 2013

Case in Point...

Yesterday, the missus and I went down to Ocean City, and for the first time all summer, we didn't go to simply "walk the boardwalk." Normally, we go down to power walk the 5 miles (23rd  street to the end and back) and just enjoy the ocean view, the ridiculous humans that populate it, and find new and inventive ways to not eat the crap that they peddle as food. Yesterday we succumbed...sort of.

My friends know I dig me a good cheesesteak. Probably my all time fave food is a great cheesy cheesesteak- no onions, lettuce or other crap. I believe the sandwich should stand up on the merits of the cheese and meat flavor. I had a chicken cheesesteak yesterday. With mozzarella sticks, my all time fave side order. I ate them, and enjoyed it immensely. I didn't feel guilty, because I had a healthy breakfast, and a light dinner. That lunch was my main meal of the day, and I still fell into my caloric and fat range for the day.

Balance. Compromise. I will scream it from the bloody rooftops if I could.

If you want the naughty food, fine. Have it, satisfy your desire to have it, then move on. Do this and you will see results, without sabotaging yourself in the long run. That's what I've done. 

And you know what? I'm now within just 4-5 pounds from hitting my goal weight. I've lost nearly 60 pounds.

You can too.

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment